Looking for the The 10 Highest Yielding Preferred Stocks Today but not finding any consistent information? Your search is over. To clarify, our website provides daily updates to all preferred’s, therefore at any time, you can see Today’s Top 10 Selection by “Current Yield” in the Table below. However, to see how all preferreds have been ranked based on their yield go to Ranking All Preferreds. The top 10 is just a subset of this dataset.
The 10 Highest Yielding Preferred Stocks Today
Here is the list of the Top 10 Highest Yielding Preferred Stocks In the Canadian Market Today. We have done all the legwork, therefore saving you time and making the selection process faster. Consequently the only task left for you is picking the right preferred. Each day we update the data model with the latest information for each preferred. As a result, this table is always reflecting today’s highest yielding preferred.
For you, selecting the highest yielding preferred does not get easier. As with all of the tools, we provide in this site, the definition of the metrics “Table columns” is presented in a separate article Ranking Table Column Information.
The following metrics are now only available on the premium version of this tool:
- Reset Date.
- Reset (Yield | Dividend). Represents the yield and dividend for the current issue after the upcoming reset. For this calculation it’s assumed the key rates are going to be the same as todays published rates. The reset yield is the sum of the key rate for the base term (5YR, 3Month, etc) plus the published spread. Since we do not know what the key rate will be at the time of the reset we assume its going to be the same as today. The ability to use a different set of rates during this caclulation is planned for a future release.
- Blended (Yield | Dividend).
- Rate Change Percent.
- Rate Change To Value.
- New Spread Change. It shows the effect or the current price on the issue spread of the preferred. It shows the percent increase/decrease of the new spread
- New Spread Value.
- Short Position.
- Additional Features.
- Years To Double Initial Investment. How many years will it take for the initial investment to double.
- Outstanding float.
- Market Cap In Bilions.
- Common Stock P/E Ratio.
- Common Stock P/B Ratio.
- Common Stock Yield.
When picking the highest yielding stocks you have a few choices on what metric to use.
Sort table on this column “Current Yield” to see the highest paying preferred’s today.
Sort table on column “Blended Yield” to see the highest paying preferred’s for the next 5 year period.
You can watch a video on how to use canadianpreferredshares.ca tools. It’s great, quick primer on selection the process.
Additional tools you can use to make the selction are are:
- Top 10 Banking shares. Here we only include bank preferred shares. The working set is much smaller and easier to analyze.
- Top Credit Rated Resets. All shares here are grouped by Credit Rating.
- Highest Renewable Issues. See all preferred’s offered by Green Energy, Renewable Power Producers.
- Top 5 Highest Yielding High Credit Issues. Select from the highest investment credit preferred’s in the Canadian Market Today. For lowest credit risk possible this is the group to pick from.
Ultimately, picking the top 10 shares is up to you, driven in large extent by your personal investment style.