Rank Emera Preferreds
This compare tool allows you to Rank Emera Preferreds, based on the latest stock information available. Our goal is to provide you with the information and metrics related to the Emera preferreds. Your goal is to establish which preferred will provide you the best returns. If you are buying today, these tools will expedite and aid the selection process. Given all the data available here, an informed decision is within reach.
In a market with low volumes you can use this information to identify mispriced shares. Since all preferreds belong to the same issuer, the risk is the same for all of them.
Emera Brief Overview
Visit the Emera company website to see the preferred share prospectus, news and other information.
Sector: Energy transportation and distribution company.
Core businesses and operations:
- Geographically diverse energy and services company investing in electricity generation, transmission, and distribution as well as gas transmission and Utilities energy services.
- $32 billion of assets and serving more than 2.5 million customers in Canada, the US and the Caribbean
- Focused on making investments in cleaner and renewable sources of energy, modernizing our infrastructure and customer-focused technologies. Still using coal for power generation.
The latest information and statistics on their common stock EMA, can be easily accessed using websites like TMX Money.Dividend Payment Schedule: 2023FEB15 , 2022MAY15 , 2022AUG15 , 2022NOV15 Ex Dividend Date Schedule: 2023JAN31 , 2022APR30 , 2022JUL31 , 2022OCT31
Emera Credit Rating
The latest credit rating for Emera are listed in the table below. For additional information on credit rating agencies and codes see our article Credit Rating Symbols.
|S&P Corporate||S&P Preferreds||DBRS Long Term||DBRS Preferreds||S&P Global Corporate||S&P Global Preferreds||Moody's LongTerm||Fitch Long Term||Fitch Short Term||BBB+||NR||Baa3||BBB||BBB|
Emera Common Share Metrics
|Symbol: TSE:EMA||Currency: CAD||Market Cap: $15,398,253,725||Price: $57.30||P/E: 27.43||P/B: 1.58||Dividend: $0.64||Yield: 4.45%||Beta: 0.2300|
Emera Overall Preferred Share Metrics
I have reviewed the full set of Emera preferreds. Based on my review the following data points may be of interest to current and potential investors in the securities of "Emera". In other words, this is what I think is worth highlighting in this set of preferred shares. In addition it provides a quick overview of the detailed information presented furher down this page.
|Preferred issues: 8||Lowest Current Yield: EMA-B @ 2.78%||Highest Current Yield: EMA-L @ 6.57%||Average Current Yield: 5.27%||5 Year Reset issues: 5||5YR Reset Lowest Reset Yield: EMA-H @ 6.47%||5YR Reset Highest Reset Yield: EMA-A @ 9.43%||5YR Reset Average Reset Yield: 7.93%||Lowest Rate Change Percent: EMA-J @ 6.00%||Highest Rate Change Percent: EMA-A @ 82.00%||Average Rate Change Percent: 39.00%||Market Cap at Market Value: 1,260,840,372||Market Cap at Face Value: 1,625,000,000||Discount Amount: 364,159,628||Discount Percent: 22.41%||Percent of Total Market Cap at Market Value: 2.45%||Percent of Total Market Cap at Face Value: 2.31%|
Rank Emera Preferreds - Compare Tool.
The following metrics are now only available on the premium version of this tool:
- Reset Date.
- Reset (Yield | Dividend).
- Blended (Yield | Dividend). A (What If) scenario. It represents the blended yield and dividend for the current issue. It should only be used as a reference. It is not meant to show actual returns for Yield/Dividend. This metric has merit only when applied across all issues being considered.
- Rate Change Percent.
- Rate Change To Value.
- New Spread Change.
- New Spread Value. This reflects the effect or the current price on the issue spread of the preferred. It shows the effective new spread of the share due to its drop or rise of its share value
- Short Position.
- Additional Features.
- Years To Double Initial Investment.
- Outstanding float. This is the outstanding float for this preferred.
- Market Cap In Bilions.
- Common Stock P/E Ratio.
- Common Stock P/B Ratio.
- Common Stock Yield. Current yield of the common. Should be considered if preferred yield is lower.
Here is a Limited Version of the Premium - Compare Tool.
A limited number of rows is included with the full metrics. This is a sample only. See link at footer for information on subscription to the premium version
|Symbol||Price||52W High||52W Low|
Fixed Rate Baseyield and dividend for the current issue based on last night’s closing stock price
|Current (Yield Dividend)|
Reset (Yield Dividend)yield and dividend for the current issue after the upcoming reset
Blended (Yield Dividend)follow link passed the end of the table to see definition
|Yield To Call||Reset Date Y/M/D||Rate Change percent||Rate Change to value||New Spread value||Short Position||Additional Features||Years To Double Initial Investment||Outstanding Float||Name|
|EMA-A EMA.PR.A CA2908763097||$13.69||$19.45||$13.51||5YR + 1.84%||03.98% $0.5455||09.43% | $1.2905||06.16% $0.84 12@cy+8@ry||23.46%||2025-08-15||082%||9.42%||3.36%||5,093||Cumulative||17.76||3,864,636||Cumulative_Emera_Inc._2.555%,_Series_A|
|EMA-B EMA.PR.B CA2908764087||$16.50||$19.68||$15.65||3 MTH + 1.84%||02.78% $0.46||08.24% | $1.3595||N/A||N/A||floating||051%||7.82%||2.78%||277||Cumulative||N/A||2,135,364||Cumulative_Floating_Rate_First_Preferred_Shares,_Series_B|
Continue to Rank Emera Preferreds page 2 of 3 where you can find
- What if “Yield Scenarios” for Emera 5 year resets.
- Graph of all Emera preferred share yields
- Prospectus Information for each Emera preferred