Rank Perpetual Preferred Shares By Yield
Using these tables you can Rank Perpetual Preferred Shares By Yield. The perpetuals included here are from all market sections, like Banking, Utilities, Telecom, etc. We present the information in an easy, to view and understand format. As a result you can pick the right share to purchase or sell. By default the table is sorted in order of Yield (you can change sort order by clicking on the column heading). Consequently have a choice on which yield to consider. Current yield reflects what is currently paid till the issue resets.
Compare Process – Rank Perpetual Preferred Shares By Yield
Each investor has a unique selection process. Consequently the same metric is viewed differently. That is to say, the weight assigned to the metric differs for each investor, thus resulting in a dissimilar selection.
- Some investors, looking for high yield over the next 5 years, will put more emphasis on the “Blended Yield” metric. As a result, the issue with the most dividend over the next 5 years is selected.
- More weight should be given to the “Credit Rating” metric, if you are looking for the highest credit worthy issues. That is to say, sacrificing some yield for security, is a good fit for the long term and “buy and hold” investors.
- Good value is indicated by the metric “Rate Increase Percent”. This also highlights the stocks with the most room for capital gains, if rates start going up. A value investor may find this appealing.
We expect each investor, to review the various metrics, and make a determination on the totality of their values. While at the same time expressing their personal investing style. In other words we present you with the information and you make a choice you are comfortable with.
If you still need more information on how to use this table please see our how to YouTube video or our post how to pick the best preferred share of a company.
Table to Rank Perpetual Preferred Shares By Yield
The following metrics are now only available on the premium version of this tool:
- Reset Date.
- Reset (Yield | Dividend). Represents the yield and dividend for the current issue after the upcoming reset. For this calculation it’s assumed the key rates are going to be the same as todays published rates. The reset yield is the sum of the key rate for the base term (5YR, 3Month, etc) plus the published spread. Since we do not know what the key rate will be at the time of the reset we assume its going to be the same as today. The ability to use a different set of rates during this caclulation is planned for a future release.
- Blended (Yield | Dividend).
- Rate Change Percent.
- Rate Change To Value.
- New Spread Change. It shows the effect or the current price on the issue spread of the preferred. It shows the percent increase/decrease of the new spread
- New Spread Value.
- Short Position.
- Additional Features.
- Years To Double Initial Investment. How many years will it take for the initial investment to double.
- Outstanding float.
- Market Cap In Bilions.
- Common Stock P/E Ratio.
- Common Stock P/B Ratio.
- Common Stock Yield.
Here is a Limited Version of the Premium - Compare Tool.
A limited number of rows is included with the full metrics. This is a sample only. See link at footer for information on subscription to the premium version
|Credit Rating||Symbol||Price||52W High||52W Low|
Fixed Rate Baseyield and dividend for the current issue based on last night’s closing stock price
|Current (Yield Dividend)||Rate Change percent||Rate Change to value||Short Position||Additional Features||Years To Double Initial Investment||P/E Ratio||Market Cap In Billions||P/B Ratio||Common Stock Yield||Projected Common Stock Yield||Outstanding Float||Name|
|NR||BBD-C BBD.PR.C CA0977517055||$17.40||$19.84||$16.16||PERPETUAL @ 6.25%||08.97% $1.5600||043%||8.98%||1,452||Cumulative||8.066||#N/A||4.29 B||-8.860||0.00%||0.00%||9,400,000||Bombardier_Inc._6.25%,_Series_4|
|NR||INE-C INE.PR.C CA45790B7088||$20.80||$25.48||$20.01||PERPETUAL @ 5.75%||06.92% $1.4400||020%||6.91%||125||Cumulative||10.35||#N/A||3.35 B||6.08||4.38%||0.00%||2,000,000||Innergex_Renewable_Power_Series_C_Perpetual|