Which Bank Bank of Nova Scotia Preferred Should I Buy
This compare tool helps you determine Which Bank Bank of Nova Scotia Preferred you Should Buy. In this section we provide additional information to help you make the right decision. This information includes
- A number of what if scenarios for the 5 year resets. The scenarios are based on the various yields of the G.O.C. 5 year bond.
- A line graph chart with the historical yields of all preferreds issued.
- Links to the prospectus of each preferred.
Reset Scenarios Based on Various G.O.C. 5 Year Bond Yield Rates
- Scenario 1: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 2.00%
- Scenario 2: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 2.5%
- Scenario 3: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 2.75%
- Scenario 4: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 3.00%
- Scenario 5: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 3.25%
- Scenario 6: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 3.50%
Note: Only the first 3 "What if scenarios" of the total 6 are available on the Free Site. All 6 scenarios can be viewed in the premium site
For more information please review our video and/or post. Links available at the bottom of the page
Rank Preferreds - Compare Reset Scenarios
|Credit Rating||Symbol||Reset Date Y/M/D||Current (Yield Dividend)|
5Yr @ 2.00%. Reset (Yield Dividend)Scenario: 1 yield and dividend based on GOC 5yr Rate of 5Yr @ 2.00%.
|5Yr @ 2.00%. Blended (Yield Dividend)||5Yr @ 2.00%. Rate Change (percent | to value )|
5Yr @ 2.5%. Reset (Yield Dividend)Scenario: 2 yield and dividend based on GOC 5yr Rate of 5Yr @ 2.5%.
|5Yr @ 2.5%. Blended (Yield Dividend)||5Yr @ 2.5%. Rate Change (percent | to value )|
5Yr @ 2.75%. Reset (Yield Dividend)Scenario: 3 yield and dividend based on GOC 5yr Rate of 5Yr @ 2.75%.
|5Yr @ 2.75%. Blended (Yield Dividend)||5Yr @ 2.75%. Rate Change (percent | to value )|
|Pfd2H||BNS-I BNS.PR.I CA06415E3032||2024JAN27||04.92% $1.2100||4.50% $1.11||04.61% $1.13||001% 4.50%||5.01% $1.23||04.97% $1.22||001% 5.01%||5.26% $1.30||05.19% $1.27||001% 5.26%|
Current yields over timeThe graph below shows the current yield of each Bank of Nova Scotia preferred share, over time. Place the mouse cursor over the graph to reveal data like (date, ticker and current Yield).
When viewing the graph below keep in mind the following
- The yield has an inverse relationshlp to the share price. As the share price rises towards face value the yield gets lower.
- For 5 year resets, at reset time the yield usually makes a substantial move up or down when the reset takes effect.
Scotiabank Preferreds – Prospectus Information
Prospectus Information for each of the Scotiabank Preferreds is available in the links below. Going over the main parts of the prospectus will ensure you are looking at the right preferred.
Press Release Summaries
Click here to see the latest press releases related to Scotiabank preferred shares.
Continue to Which Scotiabank should I Buy – Page 1 of 4 where you can find:
- Scotiabank Brief Overview
- Latest Scotiabank Credit Ratings
- Scotiabank Common Share Metrics
- Overall Preferred Share Metrics across all Scotiabank preferreds
Continue to Scotiabank Preferreds Consolidated Short Position Report page 3 of 4 where you can find
- Consolidated Short Position Reports for each Scotiabank Preferred