Rank VersaBank Preferreds
This compare tool allows you to Rank VersaBank Preferreds, based on the latest stock information available. Our goal is to provide you with the information and metrics related to the VersaBank preferreds. Your goal is to establish which preferred will provide you the best returns. If you are buying today, these tools will expedite and aid the selection process. Given all the data available here, an informed decision is within reach.
In a market with low volumes you can use this information to identify mispriced shares. Since all preferreds belong to the same issuer, the risk is the same for all of them.
VersaBank Brief Overview
Visit the VersaBank company website to see the preferred share prospectus, news and other information.
Sector: Financial services/ banks.
Core businesses and operations:
- Digital only bank was banking reimagined by engineers, unimpeded by legacy infrastructure, or legacy thinking.
The latest information and statistics on their common stock VBNK, can be easily accessed using websites like TMX Money.
Next Dividend Pay Date: 2023Jul05. Dividend Payment Schedule: 2023JAN05 , 2023APR05 , 2023JUL05 , 2023OCT05
Next Ex-Dividend Date: 2023Jul31. Ex Dividend Date Schedule: 2023JAN31 , 2023APR30 , 2023JUL31 , 2023OCT31
VersaBank Preferred share Credit Ratings
The latest preferred share credit ratings for VersaBank are listed in the table below. For additional information on credit rating agencies and codes see our article Credit Rating Symbols.
|A.M. Best||FITCH||S&P||DBRS||S&P Global||Moody's||NR|
VersaBank Common Share Metrics
|Symbol: VBNK||Currency: CAD||Market Cap: $245,763,400||Price: $9.74||P/E: 15.31||P/B: 0.92||Dividend: $0.025||Yield: 1.03%||Beta:|
Rank VersaBank Preferreds - Compare Tool.
If you need more information on how to use the metrics below, watch our video Introduction to Compare Tools or see our post how to pick the best preferred share of a company
The following metrics are now only available on the premium version of this tool:
- Reset Date.
- Reset (Yield | Dividend). Represents the yield and dividend for the current issue after the upcoming reset. For this calculation it’s assumed the key rates are going to be the same as todays published rates. The reset yield is the sum of the key rate for the base term (5YR, 3Month, etc) plus the published spread. Since we do not know what the key rate will be at the time of the reset we assume its going to be the same as today. The ability to use a different set of rates during this caclulation is planned for a future release.
- Blended (Yield | Dividend).
- Rate Change Percent.
- Rate Change To Value.
- New Spread Change. It shows the effect or the current price on the issue spread of the preferred. It shows the percent increase/decrease of the new spread
- New Spread Value.
- Short Position.
- Additional Features.
- Years To Double Initial Investment. How many years will it take for the initial investment to double.
- Outstanding float.
- Market Cap In Bilions.
- Common Stock P/E Ratio.
- Common Stock P/B Ratio.
- Common Stock Yield.
|Symbol||Price||52W High||52W Low|
Fixed Rate Baseyield and dividend for the current issue based on last night’s closing stock price
|Current (Yield Dividend)||Name|
|VBNK-A VBNK.PR.A||$9.65||$10.15||$9.00||5YR + 5.43%||07.00% $0.6760||Non-Cumulative_5-Year_Rate_Reset_Preferred_Shares,_Series_1|
Reset Scenarios Based on Various G.O.C. 5 Year Bond Yield Rates
- Scenario 1: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 2.50%
- Scenario 2: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 3.0%
- Scenario 3: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 3.50%
- Scenario 4: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 4.00%
- Scenario 5: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 4.5%
- Scenario 6: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 5.0%
Note: Only the first 3 "What if scenarios" of the total 6 are available on the Free Site. All 6 scenarios can be viewed in the premium site
For more information please review our video and/or post. Links available at the bottom of the page
Rank Preferreds - Compare Reset Scenarios
|Credit Rating||Symbol||Reset Date Y/M/D||Current (Yield Dividend)|
5Yr @ 2.50%. Reset (Yield Dividend)Scenario: 1 yield and dividend based on GOC 5yr Rate of 5Yr @ 2.50%.
|5Yr @ 2.50%. Blended (Yield Dividend)||5Yr @ 2.50%. Rate Change (percent | to value )|
5Yr @ 3.0%. Reset (Yield Dividend)Scenario: 2 yield and dividend based on GOC 5yr Rate of 5Yr @ 3.0%.
|5Yr @ 3.0%. Blended (Yield Dividend)||5Yr @ 3.0%. Rate Change (percent | to value )|
5Yr @ 3.50%. Reset (Yield Dividend)Scenario: 3 yield and dividend based on GOC 5yr Rate of 5Yr @ 3.50%.
|5Yr @ 3.50%. Blended (Yield Dividend)||5Yr @ 3.50%. Rate Change (percent | to value )|
|NR||VBNK-A VBNK.PR.A||2024NOV01||07.00% $0.6760||8.22% $0.79||07.85% $0.75||003% 8.22%||8.74% $0.84||08.21% $0.79||003% 8.74%||9.25% $0.89||08.57% $0.82||003% 9.25%|
Current yields over timeThe graph below shows the current yield of each VersaBank preferred share, over time. Place the mouse cursor over the graph to reveal data like (date, ticker and current Yield).
When viewing the graph below keep in mind the following
- The yield has an inverse relationshlp to the share price. As the share price rises towards face value the yield gets lower.
- For 5 year resets, at reset time the yield usually makes a substantial move up or down when the reset takes effect.