Which Canadian General Preferred Should I Buy
This compare tool helps you determine Which Canadian General Preferred you Should Buy. In this section we provide additional information to help you make the right decision. This information includes
- A number of what if scenarios for the 5 year resets. The scenarios are based on the various yields of the G.O.C. 5 year bond.
- A line graph chart with the historical yields of all preferreds issued.
- Links to the prospectus of each preferred.
Reset Scenarios Based on Various G.O.C. 5 Year Bond Yield Rates
The following table presents 6 scenarios, of the issues resetting based on different 5 Year Bond rates. Each scenario consists of 3 columns and grouped by color. The rates assumed for the reset are as follows:
- Scenario 1: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 2.50%
- Scenario 2: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 3.0%
- Scenario 3: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 3.50%
- Scenario 4: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 4.00%
- Scenario 5: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 4.5%
- Scenario 6: 5YR GOC Rate is set at 5.0%
Note: Only the first 3 "What if scenarios" of the total 6 are available on the Free Site. All 6 scenarios can be viewed in the premium site
For more information please review our video and/or post. Links available at the bottom of the page
Rank Preferreds - Compare Reset Scenarios
Last Updated: Market Data 2023-Jun-05 16:30, Model Metrics 2023-Jun-05 17:18
|Credit Rating||Symbol||Reset Date Y/M/D||Current (Yield Dividend)|
5Yr @ 2.50%. Reset (Yield Dividend)Scenario: 1 yield and dividend based on GOC 5yr Rate of 5Yr @ 2.50%.
|5Yr @ 2.50%. Blended (Yield Dividend)||5Yr @ 2.50%. Rate Change (percent | to value )|
5Yr @ 3.0%. Reset (Yield Dividend)Scenario: 2 yield and dividend based on GOC 5yr Rate of 5Yr @ 3.0%.
|5Yr @ 3.0%. Blended (Yield Dividend)||5Yr @ 3.0%. Rate Change (percent | to value )|
5Yr @ 3.50%. Reset (Yield Dividend)Scenario: 3 yield and dividend based on GOC 5yr Rate of 5Yr @ 3.50%.
|5Yr @ 3.50%. Blended (Yield Dividend)||5Yr @ 3.50%. Rate Change (percent | to value )|
Current yields over timeThe graph below shows the current yield of each Canadian General Investments preferred share, over time. Place the mouse cursor over the graph to reveal data like (date, ticker and current Yield).
When viewing the graph below keep in mind the following
- The yield has an inverse relationshlp to the share price. As the share price rises towards face value the yield gets lower.
- For 5 year resets, at reset time the yield usually makes a substantial move up or down when the reset takes effect.
Continue to Which Canadian General should I Buy – Page 1 of 3 where you can find:
- Canadian General Brief Overview
- Latest Canadian General Credit Ratings
- Canadian General Common Share Metrics
- Overall Preferred Share Metrics across all Canadian General preferreds
Continue to Canadian General Preferreds Consolidated Short Position Report page 3 of 3 where you can find
- Consolidated Short Position Reports for each Canadian General Preferred